Having the seal of approval of many people, including dermatologists, niacinamide can be found in almost every type of skincare product. This superstar ingredient is known to effectively clear and brighten your skin as well as reduce fine lines and wrinkles. On top of it all, it is also moisturizing and suitable for sensitive skin. Although it is not recommended to use niacinamide with vitamin C, it works well with almost all other ingredients. Have you incorporated this multitasker into your routine yet?
Here are 6 key benefits of niacinamide in skincare:
- Anti-aging (as a vitamin B3, niacinamide is effective in fighting off internal and external stressors that can ultimately lead to the deterioration of our skin and premature signs of ageing such as discoloration and wrinkles)
- Brightening (niacinamide boosts collagen production and prevents the transfer of pigment within the skin which can help reduce dark spots)
- Revitalization (niacinamide helps restore cellular energy, repair damaged DNA, and reduce the immunosuppressive effects of sun-induced UV rays)
- Anti-inflammatory properties (vitamin B3 helps preserve hydration, strengthen your skin barrier and improve the synthesis of healthy fats which are the key for glowing skin, ultimately easing redness from e.g. eczema, rosacea and acne)
- UV protection (niacinamide can rebuild healthy skin cells while protecting them from damage caused by ultraviolet rays from sun exposure)
- Safe (niacinamide has proved to be tolerated by most skin types, even sensitive ones, and works well with most other ingredients)
So, are you ready to incorporate niacinamide into your skincare routine? Here are some of our favorite products!
1. Axis-Y Dark Spot Correcting
2. Beauty of Joseon Glow Serum
3. Mary&May Lemon Niacinamide Glow Wash Off Pack
4. Some By Mi Yuja Niacin 30Days Blemish Care Serum
- Tags: Niacinamide